He said that in October 2004 a Google search result in less than the result of the 6000 "podcasting". Today, a similar search yields more than 857 000 results. Like the blogging phenomenon, podcasting came out of nowhere and attracted an enthusiastic following.
While some traditional radio talk shows have begun offering podcasts of pre-scheduled broadcasts, turned up the bulk of the podcasts are generally independent broadcasters who have incredible technology. As a result, a podcast is a little rough around the edges. However, it is clear that technology is an important opportunity and potential. They even sayers believe that podcasting is more than a passing fad.
Podcasting is RSS that is used to syndicate and distribute audio files. Podcasting is an audio file in the RSS feed & # 39; s enclosure tag. It includes RSS enclosure tags can be used for certain types of files. The file contains the tag can be closed: an image, a data file, a video file or an audio file. Podcasting specifically refers to RSS audio files containing the holding member. The RSS version that currently supports enclosure tags RSS version 2.0. All podcasts are currently created this specification.
The benefit of podcasting is the fact that users synchronize pleased with the media player to listen to a time and place of their choosing radio on demand. And while this technology is not limited to music, it seems to be the area that received the most attention.
Podcasting is generally inexpensive to implement. Investing in a good quality microphone ensures that the recording can be heard. Depending on the skill and experience, some podcasters invest in audio conversion, compression and audio editing software. In addition, bandwidth and storage software to create the podcast feed is needed. All in all, the initial investment is relatively small.
Three simple steps, independent broadcasters have been voices
1. Publishers create audio content, posting it on the website of the students.
2. Create or through an existing RSS feed including a link to the audio file "casing" field of your RSS 2.0 feed to populate the website.
3. Tell the world that a podcast is available.
Three Easy Steps to Internet surfers can listen to the podcast:
1. Download a news reader or RSS reader that supports podcasting or sync the the wireless device like an iPod to a computer.
2. Enter the URL of the podcast feed to podcast or news aggregator software.
3. As new items appear in the aggregator, review the podcast & # 39; s description and listen to those that are interested.
The popularity increases are likely to suppress a lot of opinions, but now an independent broadcaster with a microphone and unlimited bandwidth can Behold, create an image and change the world.
Useful tools podcasting
Creating the podcast feed – Http://www.feedforall.com
podcasting tools is – http: // www .small- business-software.net / podcasting tools.htm